1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love knitting yarns that are made of natural fibers such as silk, cotton, wool etc. Of course some yarns like sockyarns must coitain some artificial fiber but that´s ok as long the yarn isn´t made totally of artificial fibers.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have them stored in a needlecase.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I´ve been knitting/ crocheting actively about 3years now but I learned to knit when I was nine years old. I learned this skill in school. I think my skill level is somewhere between intermediate and advanced. I think I can never be so good at knitting that I haven´t got anything new to learn.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love the scent of vanilla and lily of the valley. I don´t like very strong scents. They give me headache.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes... unfortunatelly.. I love milk- and white choholate I don´t like dark chocolate. Any kind of salted liqourice is nice as well and toffee.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love to do jewellery from pearls mostly glass pearls.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like coldplay, Alicia Keys, Madonna, Foo Fighters, Lenny Kravitz etc.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Reds, purples, browns, black, greens. I don´t like really dark greens, yellow tones or navy blue.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I´m married and we have three year old and 6 months old son. I have two dogs a Flatcoated retriever and Finnish Spitz. I have also two huge fish aquariums with discus fishes.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes I wear all of those. The climate here in Finland is pretty cold in winter.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Shawls, Scarves, Socks, Pullovers, Cardigans...
13. What are you knitting right now?
Cabled Bolero by Norah Gaughan (VK winter 2006/07)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes of course!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular needles -addi is the best- . I also use rose wooden dpns but I don´t like bamboo ones. Aluminum needles are fine too.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes I have both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I believe it´s three months old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn and glass beads
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
It´s very hard to order VK here so any issues of it would be nice to get. I have IK´s, Moda´s nad Novita´s subscription.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would love to learn to crochet Hairpin lace.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I´m a sock knitter. My foot size is 37-38 (eur)/3½-4(uk)/6-6½(us).
23. When is your birthday?
16th of July.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes I am. My Rav ID is KatjaH
25. Are you on KnitPicks Knitting Community? What is your username? No.